• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 turbo build

Project Reaper

digging in an old thread here..buuuuuutt, am I wrong in assuming that the turbo was ran directly off ONLY the passenger side manifold? It seems as though that would cause for an uneven back pressure between bank one and two. Also can the 6.5 intake be used with the 6.2 heads? I have a turbo only and im looking to slowly get the rest of the parts.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a crossover pipe that connects the drivers side exhaust to the passenger side manifold.

Nathanater

digging in an old thread here..buuuuuutt, am I wrong in assuming that the turbo was ran directly off ONLY the passenger side manifold? It seems as though that would cause for an uneven back pressure between bank one and two. Also can the 6.5 intake be used with the 6.2 heads? I have a turbo only and im looking to slowly get the rest of the parts.
It's best to find a donor vehicle to pull all the parts you need. Everything from the 6.5 should transfer over to a 6.2. Oil to turbo line and the drain, headers, crossover pipe, and intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remote6

You use a crossover pipe like stated above I had to have mine made. And the 6.5 intake bolts right up to the 6.2 heads. You have to put a electronic fuel pump on the truck.

Project Reaper

Okay, Yea im going to try to find a donor truck, wanting the 3/4 ton axles for the hmmwv wheels and lift upgrade as well. Thank you guys very much for the info. Oh one more question, you I need..or should I use the 6.5 injector pump as well?

mcsteffensr

I used a banks sidewinder turbo kit. It comes with everything you need to do the install. I mean everything except the truck and tools. Full exhaust, hangers, manifolds, and turbo. All hardware, sensors, gauges and even pods to mount the gauges. It includes all the stuff you need to plumb oils and the bracket for draining so you can use the stock mechanical fuel pump. You can find it for less than 2k. Well worth it when you consider everything it comes with. You will spend more trying to piece a kit together.

Ilikemtb999

Piecing together will cost more than $2k? I spent $600 on parts and another $200 on odds and ends. You're doing it wrong if you hit $2k. You can buy a complete running 6.5 for less

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks