• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 turbo/lift buildup

jdknech

On my turbo build I had to install 6.5 injectors to keep them from hitting the manifold(the injectors for the 6.5 are shorter then the 6.2's) I also used the 6.2 IP pump, if tuned the are able to put out more fuel then a db2.. (they HAVE to be TUNED for that to happen though) I run 10-12psi on my stock m1009 with no problems so far.. (Been over a year) I think it could take more, but I'm not gonna push it. (I have a 95 6.5 that I have turned up to 18-20psi and it comes ALIVE at 15+psi) if you need any info feel free to PM me for my cell# Good luck! -josh

kapnklug

Well, here she is, pretty much done. Runs great but sits a little low in the back. I plan on removing the rear Zero-Rate blocks and welding another 1" block to the bottom of each to give a little more lift to the rear.

Be sure to check out my leftovers for sale in the classified section.

Questions:
1. It starts easily when cold, but really hard when hot. Anyone else have this problem after installing a turbo? Perhaps I need a heat shield on the pass. injector lines where they are close to the manifold?
2. The most boost I've been able to get from the rebuilt '93 GM-3 turbo setup is 7-8 PSI. I'd like a little more, is the mechanical wastegate adjustable somehow?

Attachments

kapnklug

Wetbehindears --
The turbo setup I bought on FleaBay came with the stock airbox and fender snorkle for a '93 K3500. I threw the snorkle part away, and mounted the airbox to the innder fender with a couple of homemade L-brackets.

Hot starts are a lot easier now, after putting heat-shield loom around the #4 and #6 injector lines. There was a large metal heat shield included with the turbo, but it wouldn't fit over the long-style injectors. Now I know why...