• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 turbo/lift buildup

jdknech

On my turbo build I had to install 6.5 injectors to keep them from hitting the manifold(the injectors for the 6.5 are shorter then the 6.2's) I also used the 6.2 IP pump, if tuned the are able to put out more fuel then a db2.. (they HAVE to be TUNED for that to happen though) I run 10-12psi on my stock m1009 with no problems so far.. (Been over a year) I think it could take more, but I'm not gonna push it. (I have a 95 6.5 that I have turned up to 18-20psi and it comes ALIVE at 15+psi) if you need any info feel free to PM me for my cell# Good luck! -josh

kapnklug

Well, here she is, pretty much done. Runs great but sits a little low in the back. I plan on removing the rear Zero-Rate blocks and welding another 1" block to the bottom of each to give a little more lift to the rear.

Be sure to check out my leftovers for sale in the classified section.

Questions:
1. It starts easily when cold, but really hard when hot. Anyone else have this problem after installing a turbo? Perhaps I need a heat shield on the pass. injector lines where they are close to the manifold?
2. The most boost I've been able to get from the rebuilt '93 GM-3 turbo setup is 7-8 PSI. I'd like a little more, is the mechanical wastegate adjustable somehow?

Attachments

kapnklug

Wetbehindears --
The turbo setup I bought on FleaBay came with the stock airbox and fender snorkle for a '93 K3500. I threw the snorkle part away, and mounted the airbox to the innder fender with a couple of homemade L-brackets.

Hot starts are a lot easier now, after putting heat-shield loom around the #4 and #6 injector lines. There was a large metal heat shield included with the turbo, but it wouldn't fit over the long-style injectors. Now I know why...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks