• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 A2 to A1

shawn085

I have questions for the fellow readers. I've been wanting to get a M101 trailer for my M37. So I want one with the 5 bolt rims. Now if I find a M101A2 or A3 could I put the 5 lug axle under it to change it to the older rims? (I just so happen to have a said axle). And if I used some of my M37 parts could I get the brakes to work both surge and parking?:confused:

acmunro

I am pretty sure it would bolt right up. I have both types so I will have to look. Its funny because I have a couple of
trailers I am going to covert from A-1 To A-2.

Nonotagain

I have questions for the fellow readers. I've been wanting to get a M101 trailer for my M37. So I want one with the 5 bolt rims. Now if I find a M101A2 or A3 could I put the 5 lug axle under it to change it to the older rims? (I just so happen to have a said axle). And if I used some of my M37 parts could I get the brakes to work both surge and parking?:confused:
A1's don't have brakes or a provision on the frame for them. The frame is bare with just the lunette in place.

The a3 uses a different set of fenders since the wheels were moved further outboard to clear the beadlock tires and wheels. Also the a3 uses a raised center axle. And finally the a3 trailers are rated one ton verses 3/4 ton for the a2's.

A1 trailers usually go for cheap compared to the a2 or a3 versions.

If you are looking to build a period correct trailer it won't have brakes.

acmunro

I don't think he is making an A1. He wants to convert an A2 to use the large 5 bolt pattern. The A3 would take some fab
work in the fender department. I guess it's whats most avalible north of the border.

shawn085

Thats it exactly. Thought I could make the M101 and M37 combo a bit safer if the trailer had the surg brake working. But with the Five bolt hubs. I just don't think it looks right to have the A2 type rims beind a M37. Plus I would have to pack two different spares. Does anyone know if they think I could get the brakes to work and still have the park brake? I haven't seen inside the hub of a A1 or A2 trailer hub.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks