• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 gates and bows

Nick

Well no luck gettin in touch with Jeepanles Plus.

Found someone that may have M37 ones. Are they the same as for M101's?
Or would they at least work for making storage clips at the front??

Thanks
Nick

mr.travo

Want to bump this thread a little bit too. Does anyone know where I can get a set of "new style" bows? My old wooden ones are in need of replacement (they are a little over 40 years old). I would rather have a set of fiberglass ones to help support the tarp and use the "woodies" for shows only.

Travo

mr.travo

Nick, I have heard that the bows that fit the M37 are for the older style trailer (before the M101). I am not FOR SURE because I have not researched it myself. Post up what you find out. I love getting no-crap knowledge.

Nick

Well the guy that said he had em were manufactured and he wanted over 300 bucks for the set. But he did say he thought they were the same between m37 and m101.

The search continues..........

Nick

Cigarjoe

Want to bump this thread a little bit too. Does anyone know where I can get a set of "new style" bows? My old wooden ones are in need of replacement (they are a little over 40 years old). I would rather have a set of fiberglass ones to help support the tarp and use the "woodies" for shows only.

Travo
I have a new never used set I will sell you. They are not fiberglass though, they are the ones made for M01's and M105's and are adjustable to fit each type with metal bars that go between each corner piece. I have know idea have much they are worth. PM me and we'll talk.

NMC_EXP

Nick & mr. travo:

Please see attached photos. These parts came from an M101 or M101A1 3/4 ton trailer.

The 1st photo is of a full set of racks & bows assembled on the ground.

The 2nd is of a partial set of stakes.

I do not know the official nomenclature but seems to me the "stakes" are the square channels to which the wooden rails are attached. Then the free ends of the stakes are inserted into the pockets in the trailer. The bows are inserted into the top of the stakes.

A complete set of stakes consists of 8 long stakes and 2 short stakes for over the wheel wells. For bow storage with the cover off there are 8 short bow storage stake pockets. These are attached to the top wood rail just behind the front bow which stays in its normal pocket.

Is any of this the hardware you are looking for?

I was thinking about using this stuff to make a cover for a civilian pickup. That is looking unlikely at this point so I ought to sell this stuff. I do have a full set, the other 4 long stakes are at another location. Used them for racks on my F150.

Regards

Jim

Last edited:

Nick

WOW, Jim. Finally, I knew someone out there hadda have what I was lookin for!!!!

the short storage pockets are what Im lookin for. But Id like to add one more set for a total of 10, cuz I made my bow legs a little longer for more room in the trailer, so it wont fit in my garage. If your willing to part out the gates and short pockets, lets strike a deal??

There werent any pictures attached so maybe try again, but I know its what Im lookin for from your description

Thanks
Nick

NMC_EXP

Hi Nick

Should've pointed out that I sold the full set of racks/bows last fall to another member here. That photo was for clarification.

I am ready to sell the loose stakes and pockets but I'd rather do it thru ebay. I have no idea what a fair market value is plus I'm kinda uncomfortable with not giving other folks a shot at it (no offense).

I'll get the other four stakes rounded up, put 'em on ebay on give you a heads up.

You could fabricate another pair of short storage pockets from flat stock and angle iron rather than sacrificing a pair of long stakes. A cut off set of long stakes will not look original anyway.

They ain't making this stuff anymore.

Regards

Jim

Nick

Ok thats fine. I wasnt lookin for the full set, I was wantin the partial set. All I wanted to do was cut the top off the short stakes to make identical short pockets, to match the other 8. But I wouldnt mind a partial set. Im definately interested, I need em

Let me know
Nick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks