• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 non-military paint schemes

Ripcord01

I used something to paint my son's bedroom trim that was a blend of ultra pure white and black and probably a perfect Navy grey, but it was interior paint and picked off a color card. It was also Behr paint, which has proven itself to suck big time inside... I have no doubt it would peel before it cures in outdoor humidity or cold.
I am sure you find it in a exterior grade paint.

Ratch

I think my alluded point was that Grey is just the right mix of black and white, so a couple cans of rustoleum and some time to experiment are the path... And I wanted to get a dig in on Behr...

Last edited:

harleyhouse

My surge lunette was was damaged and did not work.
I tok of the complete brake system almost 260 pounds worth.
I cut the landing leg mount off, then 2" from the rear of the triangular
tounge mount "for looks" not needed metal.
I did need to use the angled military chain mount "cut off " to keep the nose bold square.

I bought a 4 position hitch channel and had a pro at work weld it to the nose piece.
I have a 2" ball mount and a 2 1/2" lunette I can use.
I mounted a crank down foot that swings up out of the way.

I am happy with the end results. It pulls great and follows behind well.

Attachments

Last edited:

sixb

I still need to paint mine but will wait till after I make one more modification.
Here are a few pictures of mine, I also had a tweaked tongue.
I machined a plug to be pressed into the spindle to keep the grease where it belongs also machined some new threaded studs to weld to the 14 bolt for the shocks.
The 14 bolt was 25.oo delivered to my house.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks