• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 Ambulance Before & After

maynard83

Thanks again for all the positive comments.
My interior guy does great work, very creative and reasonably priced. It also makes it easier living in So Cal since there are a lot of talented upholsterers from Mexico in the area. It also helps to speak Spanish for negotiating prices. He pretty much took everything out and re-upholstered or replaced everything. It even has a new car smell!
I haven't done anything to the rear box yet, it is as I received it. Here is a pic.

I wanted to use it for going out to the desert, camping, and out to the river, unfortunately I may have to sell it as we have some medical bills for my oldest son who recently needed corrective surgery on his legs and feet (not the one in the picture). It is a shame since I have had a lot of work done to it (and money) and it runs real nice.

Attachments

maynard83

Just wanted to let you all know that I have put this up for sale. I placed it in our classifieds section. I am really sad about having to do this but my family comes first.

BIG_RED

Do you notice those sealed-beam-replacement-light-things are any brighter/better for night driving? I'm curious. The higher end sealed beams help alot, but more would be even better.

maynard83

Do you notice those sealed-beam-replacement-light-things are any brighter/better for night driving? I'm curious. The higher end sealed beams help alot, but more would be even better.
They're a little better but not all that much. If I had to choose again I would definately go with something better.

maynard83

I did have the regular Hummer rims and tires installed. I had to add spacers. If you look at the front wheel wells we had to make some cuts to accommodate the turn radius of the front wheels. Other than that they fit fine.

maynard83

I wonder what he did to the dash and headliner
For the interior of the cab I just took it to one of my upholsterers in Santa Ana. Since I live on Southern California there are a lot of upholstery guys who do excellent work. It went from that ugly interior to a very nice one. It cost me $300.00.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks