• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1010 white smoke wont stay running

dmetalmiki

On a diesel engine the cause of white smoke can indicate incorrect timing. And the most common cause in addition is water leaking past the head gasket, or (hopefully not) a crack in the engine block.
You might also check the antifreeze and or any additives that might have created acid in the cooling system.
A good flush out and then 'appropriate additives' commonly found for slight leakage could stop the problem.

richingalveston

a bad IP can do the same thing so start there. it is your timing source for the motor and your fuel delivery for which it sounds like you have problem with both.

if it starts at all then you normally have some glow plugs working, maybe not all. you also may have a bad controller not letting them glow long enough or after glow. There is a temp sensor to check for this and trouble shooting instructions for the cards.

check glow plugs and solenoid. then fuel before and after IP, No fuel at iP then start working your way back until you find fuel.

a bad fuel pump can produce the same symptoms.

Have no signs of water leaking water in oil or oil in water have fuel to injector pump but sure how much i should have at injectors do have some but not a spray glow plugs are only 6 months old but didnt check them

Drock

I would put a temporary piece of clear hose in place of the I.P. return line. This will show if your getting air into the system.

Hasdrubal

I had a Carter lift pump fail after only 11 months. You could see fuel leaking from around the sides where the lower metal section wraps around the upper aluminum part. The AC Delco replacement has been going for 4 1/2 years now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks