• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a2... brake...slam...skid...slam...skid

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I've got it all done but one of the shafts was weak and broke when I was removing the nut. Ive found the NSN and part number in the TM but I'm having a hard time locating a replacement. Was hoping to take the trailer camping with the kids Friday after thanksgiving. Any help locating one asap would be greatly appreciated.
Part number 1829
NSN 2540-01-051-6354
View attachment 708594
Can you post more pics of your unit? The front lunette appears to be bent or a weird photo angle?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If one was like that, then I would replace them all.
A shock failing is one thing, but if one of those fails at the wrong time could possibly make for a really bad day.

I got the new part installed and the trailer is back on the road, thank you all very much. Part of me wants to test to be sure the surge brake is working properly but I can’t tell since the tires won’t lock up anymore when I hit the brakes in the truck. Do you know any way to test the surge brakes on these trailers?

Renegade360

I got mine to lock with empty trailer hard braking going down hill. But you should be able to depress the lunette with parking brakes off and try to move the trailer. Stick a pipe throu it and use it as a lever.