• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Lights

Randyw

So I got my new to me M101A2 trailer cleaned up and hooked up to my 1008. After connecting the lights and checking to make sure they worked I noticed that the lights seem very dim. Everything works with the lights it just they are not very bright. Is this normal? Or is there some way to fix the problem?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The 101 has 24v bulbs that is powered though the 08s 24v system, look for a bad ground.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WRONG, the military trailers hooked to cucvs use 24 volt bulbs, you can hook these trailers to ANY MIULITARY TRUCK and the lights WILL WORK AND NOT BLOW THEM OUT by running 24v though a 12v bulb

Last edited:

Randyw

I pulled the bulbs and numbers are 1683 on the large bulb and 1251 on the small bulb. 73m819 I was thinking the same thing. These trailers were used with these trucks and 1009's when they were in service so I figured it would work. But I may be wrong. I also noticed two other bulbs on the bottom that I am not getting anything. I am getting running lights, brake lights, and signal lights. are the bottom bulbs back up lights? because im not getting back up lights when in reverse.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I pulled the bulbs and numbers are 1683 on the large bulb and 1251 on the small bulb. 73m819 I was thinking the same thing. These trailers were used with these trucks and 1009's when they were in service so I figured it would work. But I may be wrong. I also noticed two other bulbs on the bottom that I am not getting anything. I am getting running lights, brake lights, and signal lights. are the bottom bulbs back up lights? because im not getting back up lights when in reverse.
Those are 24v bulbs. CUCVs have 12v lights. The bottom bulbs are for the blackout lights.

Randyw

Got ya on the black out lights. I turned them on and the bottom bulbs work. So if I change the bulbs to 12v this will cure the problem with the dim lights?

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
these other lights ARE black out lights

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks