• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Project: Camp Trailer

BigRix

I've had this trailer for 6 months or so but it has just been used to haul stuff since I don't have a pickup truck. It pulls great behind my M1009 and I love it's versatility.

When I bought the trailer I also bought the top, several bows, one side board, and a front board. I decided I wanted to get the top operational and make this a camping rig for the fall season.

I took two metal poles off the side board and rearranged them so I could use a bow on the front and back. I then made up some pvc pipe to take the place of the middle three bows. I plan to do some more work with pvc to stiffen things up and take the sag out.

As fate would have it, the sky's opened up right after I put the top on and I was able to find all kinds of leaks. I snapped a pic of one of the problem areas. No tears but there seem to be cracks in the rubber coating.

Any suggestions on repairing these?

After I get things weather proofed I want to make a simple platform for my spare futon mattress with storage underneath. I lost all my camping equipment in '97 due to a fire in my garage and I never replaced it, or went camping again. I will be gearing up on a budget so any and all suggestions would be welcome.photo (28).jpgphoto (29).jpgphoto (30).JPGphoto (31).jpgphoto (32).jpg

BigRix

I never considered that and I even have a bender kicking around at the house.

I should be able to match the radius of the bows as well.

Thanks

BigRix

I see those pics all the time but never a build thread or who built it.

And that would completely blow the budget.

So any thoughts on fixing the leaks in my top?

svanhorn

I see those pics all the time but never a build thread or who built it.

And that would completely blow the budget.

So any thoughts on fixing the leaks in my top?
No clue. the only thing I can come up with off the top of my head, is to use windshield urethane, which would look terrible.