• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Project: Camp Trailer

BigRix

I've had this trailer for 6 months or so but it has just been used to haul stuff since I don't have a pickup truck. It pulls great behind my M1009 and I love it's versatility.

When I bought the trailer I also bought the top, several bows, one side board, and a front board. I decided I wanted to get the top operational and make this a camping rig for the fall season.

I took two metal poles off the side board and rearranged them so I could use a bow on the front and back. I then made up some pvc pipe to take the place of the middle three bows. I plan to do some more work with pvc to stiffen things up and take the sag out.

As fate would have it, the sky's opened up right after I put the top on and I was able to find all kinds of leaks. I snapped a pic of one of the problem areas. No tears but there seem to be cracks in the rubber coating.

Any suggestions on repairing these?

After I get things weather proofed I want to make a simple platform for my spare futon mattress with storage underneath. I lost all my camping equipment in '97 due to a fire in my garage and I never replaced it, or went camping again. I will be gearing up on a budget so any and all suggestions would be welcome.photo (28).jpgphoto (29).jpgphoto (30).JPGphoto (31).jpgphoto (32).jpg

BigRix

I never considered that and I even have a bender kicking around at the house.

I should be able to match the radius of the bows as well.

Thanks

BigRix

I see those pics all the time but never a build thread or who built it.

And that would completely blow the budget.

So any thoughts on fixing the leaks in my top?

svanhorn

I see those pics all the time but never a build thread or who built it.

And that would completely blow the budget.

So any thoughts on fixing the leaks in my top?
No clue. the only thing I can come up with off the top of my head, is to use windshield urethane, which would look terrible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks