• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a2 Surge brake shock change

DUHON

I got the shock in. I looked at the exploded parts diagram. Has anyone ever changed one of these out? Where should I start? Any tips?

Thanks

DUHON

drgreg...you da man!! I just finished getting it changed and gave her a test drive!!! You provided exactly what I needed.

Thanks!!

What a great bunch of folks on this forum.

I purchased the shock from Croft trailer supply 800-426-8159 $47.95 plus shipping.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the shock smooth out the ride? How much? Mine is a little jerky, in and around parking lots, or traffic. It seems some of that is normal though? I just repacked the wheel bearings, mostly because
I tried to adjust the brakes and found that the adjusters were in backwards. I'm wondering how smoot the application should be? Thanks

DUHON

The shock got rid of a lot of the jerking. When I hit the brakes hard the trailer stopes smoothly along with the truck. If you can push the lunete in easy then change the shock.

Good luck.

tc399

I got the shock in. I looked at the exploded parts diagram. Has anyone ever changed one of these out? Where should I start? Any tips?

Thanks
I have. It's pretty easy. Can you tell me where to get more M101/M116 hitch shocks/surge brake cylinders?

DUHON

You can click the link a few replies up for the shock. For the master cylinder, do a search and there is a good one about napa part numbers etc.

tc399

Thanks
I'd like the part number for the shock, please. I can give you detailed instructions on removing, rebuilding and replacing the hitch if you wish - the TM doesn't cover it sufficiently.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks