• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a2 Surge brake shock change

DUHON

I got the shock in. I looked at the exploded parts diagram. Has anyone ever changed one of these out? Where should I start? Any tips?

Thanks

DUHON

drgreg...you da man!! I just finished getting it changed and gave her a test drive!!! You provided exactly what I needed.

Thanks!!

What a great bunch of folks on this forum.

I purchased the shock from Croft trailer supply 800-426-8159 $47.95 plus shipping.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the shock smooth out the ride? How much? Mine is a little jerky, in and around parking lots, or traffic. It seems some of that is normal though? I just repacked the wheel bearings, mostly because
I tried to adjust the brakes and found that the adjusters were in backwards. I'm wondering how smoot the application should be? Thanks

DUHON

The shock got rid of a lot of the jerking. When I hit the brakes hard the trailer stopes smoothly along with the truck. If you can push the lunete in easy then change the shock.

Good luck.

tc399

I got the shock in. I looked at the exploded parts diagram. Has anyone ever changed one of these out? Where should I start? Any tips?

Thanks
I have. It's pretty easy. Can you tell me where to get more M101/M116 hitch shocks/surge brake cylinders?

DUHON

You can click the link a few replies up for the shock. For the master cylinder, do a search and there is a good one about napa part numbers etc.

tc399

Thanks
I'd like the part number for the shock, please. I can give you detailed instructions on removing, rebuilding and replacing the hitch if you wish - the TM doesn't cover it sufficiently.