• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a2 wheel bearing seal

uglysteve

I'm not sure. I was waiting until I had parts to take it apart. Thanks for the help, I did not see that post when I did a search. I will order some seals.
[thumbzup]

blybrook

Napa has them for about $23 a piece. I just replaced mine when I replaced the parking brake cables.

EDIT - It is NAPA part number 22532 (found the receipt over lunch in the truck).

Last edited:

uglysteve

Thanks for the help. I ordered some from etrailer.com for $3.99 a pair + $4.99 shippping. If they don't fit, I will go to Napa.

blybrook

I only went to napa so that I could get the trailer back up and going the same day. Plus most companies don't like to ship to AK, as they claim it's not continental US; so they give us international shipping. I have yet to deal with e-trailer, may have to give them a try in the future.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
blybrook,
Did you get a M101 recently from the DRMO here in Fairbanks? I am pending an EUC to pick mine up and was curious to know if yours needed new bearings or seals immediately? I know these were recently pulled from service here at FT Wainwright but most of them had not seen much use or maintenance in quite awhile.

I imagine it'd probably be wise to go ahead and plan on replacement, but if I can put it off I probably will. Too many other projects and all...

blybrook

blybrook,

Where did you find the brake cables? Were they a Napa part also?

THX

Kurt
Kurt,

No, I ordered them from Saturn Surplus per the part number that is listed in the TM. They turned out to be too long, so I had to modify how they mounted back to the frame at the handle side to prevent modifying the cable itself. I'll get a couple photos of that change in the near future. My modifications were essentially a new bolt mounted a few inches away from stock location and a spacer to hold the wire centered on the pulley back at the original mounting point.

Bill

Tymkpr

I see the 10-36 is the bearing seal... OK

Now what would be the correct size hub bearing for the A2?

Picking up my A2 from Hooks later this month. Would like to have a couple in tool chest ready if I need to rebuild them before returning home 5 hours later.

Tymkpr

Dang it.... I just need to look deeper. I found the correct thread that help me on the bearing info sorry to have to ask the question again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks