• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a2 wheel bearing seal

uglysteve

I'm not sure. I was waiting until I had parts to take it apart. Thanks for the help, I did not see that post when I did a search. I will order some seals.
[thumbzup]

blybrook

Napa has them for about $23 a piece. I just replaced mine when I replaced the parking brake cables.

EDIT - It is NAPA part number 22532 (found the receipt over lunch in the truck).

Last edited:

uglysteve

Thanks for the help. I ordered some from etrailer.com for $3.99 a pair + $4.99 shippping. If they don't fit, I will go to Napa.

blybrook

I only went to napa so that I could get the trailer back up and going the same day. Plus most companies don't like to ship to AK, as they claim it's not continental US; so they give us international shipping. I have yet to deal with e-trailer, may have to give them a try in the future.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
blybrook,
Did you get a M101 recently from the DRMO here in Fairbanks? I am pending an EUC to pick mine up and was curious to know if yours needed new bearings or seals immediately? I know these were recently pulled from service here at FT Wainwright but most of them had not seen much use or maintenance in quite awhile.

I imagine it'd probably be wise to go ahead and plan on replacement, but if I can put it off I probably will. Too many other projects and all...

blybrook

blybrook,

Where did you find the brake cables? Were they a Napa part also?

THX

Kurt
Kurt,

No, I ordered them from Saturn Surplus per the part number that is listed in the TM. They turned out to be too long, so I had to modify how they mounted back to the frame at the handle side to prevent modifying the cable itself. I'll get a couple photos of that change in the near future. My modifications were essentially a new bolt mounted a few inches away from stock location and a spacer to hold the wire centered on the pulley back at the original mounting point.

Bill

Tymkpr

I see the 10-36 is the bearing seal... OK

Now what would be the correct size hub bearing for the A2?

Picking up my A2 from Hooks later this month. Would like to have a couple in tool chest ready if I need to rebuild them before returning home 5 hours later.

Tymkpr

Dang it.... I just need to look deeper. I found the correct thread that help me on the bearing info sorry to have to ask the question again.