• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A3 DOT Lighting

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gene, et al, I have an HMMWV spare strapped on the tongue of my A3 with that landing gear. It presents no problems at all and I find the trailer tracks better with the extra tongue weight. If you have a little patience, I may have some pics for you soon. Devilman96 is building a custom M101 and it will have an undermount spare using a spare tire hoist off a Chevy truck. The tire will be a 33x12.50x15.

Good deal Kenny. I will be looking forward to the pics of the tire hanger.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tarp tiedowns look to be he way to go. Keeps it tight and quickly removable. I'm about to toss my tarp ropes!

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up your spare today. Will get it out to you end of March when I come to pick up the M220.

I just wish I owned something your tire would fit. :wink:

In case you were wondering, 35 is the number of ammo cans you can easily fit in the back of a shortbox chevy and still use the rear mirror.

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered a box of the hooks yesterday. Going to park a few of them to see how they hold up.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to say, that is an impressive tire/rim combination. WOW!
I find it hard to believe it goes on a trailer. Wow! Again
Makes me want to get one too.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After seeing the tire and rim with the run flat insert inside I would have to believe the 101a3 has to be the ideal trailer. I like that surge brake. I cannot wait to see Gene's trailer. Honestly I've never seen one up close, only pictures. He keeps telling me I need one and I think he is right. [thumbzup]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gene is right. Best trailer I own. Mine just came back from a 400 mile round trip to the FL Rally toting my Turf 2 golf cart.

wikallen

I see the led tail lights replace the ones that have the reverse lights. Do you not have any white reverse lights now? Or did I miss them?
I think you are mistaking "reverse lights" for the blackout light strips below the regular light lens. And yes, the LED lights still have them.

Andercomm

M101

Maccus - What material did you use to mount the license plate and light assembly...?

I need to mount my plate on my A3 - and this really looks like a great way of mounting it...!

ptrjason

Awesome awesome work. Love the attention to detail. I was wondering if you or anyone else can answer a question for me. What is the measurement between hinges on the frame. I was thinking of doing something a little different when I do my trailer. I am thinking of mounting two STT slim bars that are 15.50x1.60 on each side between the outter hinges, and then a STT/DOT bar in the middle between the two hinges where you mounted your DOT lights. That light finctions as a ST/DOT but with left and right blinkers. Half of the light flashes with turn signals. And when running lights are on only 3 LEDs light, outter and middle, to give it a DOT look.

I am just towing with ideas. But my trailer will be repainted to match my Expedition, taboo, I know, but it is the only MV I will have and I plan on using it for cargo, and road trips.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks