• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 6.2 diesel to 454 swap

POOR WHITE BOY

Pulled the diesel 6.2 today . Will install 454 by the weekend. Will post some photos tomorrow. Have alot of 6.2 engine parts for sale cheap. Motor ran great - had wiring problems. Should be a easy swap . Stay tuned

POOR WHITE BOY

Shift points are adjusted with vacuum modulator on tranny. I am not going to mess with that till after i have it running - if any adjustments are needed it is very simple to do with allen wrench. I am using a heavy duty tci towing converter - 6 lug - designed for a 1 ton chevy 4x4 1990 model with a 454 engine and 4.56 gears. Stock converter may or maynot work - i am putting a new one in and a new front pump seal - dont want to have to tear it down again .

HAWKMAN

Did your truck have a good GP controller card and relay? if so I'd be interested in purchasing. easy to pack and ship.....let me know:-D

raiburn

Wow, very nice. Not just talking about it, doing it. Looks like you used the stock motor mount location. Is it the same with a small block conversion? Thanks for the info.

POOR WHITE BOY

It all bolts right in . The small block and big block mount buckets are a little different......will bolt in but 454 sits about an inch higher with small block buckets. Will post some more photos this weekend

bbbang

I think it looks great. I really like the intake, I am considering purchsing the same one from Summit. The 454 looks great, I am doing the conversion now on a m1009.

dilvoy

PWB, That's an interesting conversion. I infact may be doing exactly the opposite, because I have decided to sell my Crash Rescue truck and I haven't started the engine yet and it may have a problem with it. I'll know after this weekend. Will the accessories with their brackets fit back and forth from the 454 to the 6.2 diesel? I'd like to keep the truck original, but selling a truck with a dead engine will probably hurt it's sale price and I have a couple of good 6.2's laying around.

Attachments

POOR WHITE BOY

i m putting a gm serpentine belt kit on mine so i am changing all of the brackets/ etc. the powersteering pump i am going to use the original pump just changing the pulley and mounting on new bracket.i hope to have it running this weekend

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks