• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 checking in

BKinzey

If you haven't bought your 12v starter yet look at a gear reduction (MT28?) starter. Best price with recommendations was DB Electrical on eBay. I haven't put mine in yet though.

icu_runnin

well a little update. I bought the 12 civilian starter this past friday ($155 out the door :cry: ) and had a chance to start working on it Saturday morning. It bolted right up and to my surprise it started with no issue's. The relay didnt act up at all and I am guessing it is from not having the 24 volt load on it any longer. Then I ran into a new problem.......... belts!! I took it around the block to make sure everything was good and well I had no steering and a lot of squeeking. The second alternator belt was carrying most the load for the power steering so I went ahead and put a new alternator and power steering belt on. I dont know if any of you have taken the power steering pump off but it was a PITA. Anyhow it up and running now with no issues at all. Thanks to everyone for the all the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks