• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 Fuel tank upgrade

zoto6ixty

M1009 Blazer Fuel tank upgrade

Has anyone ever tried to use the larger fuel tanks from a suburban? I have called around and found one from a auto recycler in my area. They tell me that the blazer and suburban share the same tanks. Any thoughts? I'm particularly concerned about ground clearance issues. Thanks

Last edited:

nyoffroad

It's been a looong time, but IIRC it does fit BUT you will need the burban tank straps and it will hang down lower. I also seem to remember that GM offered the 20 gal and a 30 and a 40? gallon. Not really sure as its been years.

zoto6ixty

Thanks. The one I have found is a 30 gal. Tank and they have all the hardware to go with it. As you said, the tank must hang lower than the smaller one so I guess I’ll have to give it a try.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay so shouldn't the name of this thread be M1009 fuel tank upgrade? Not M1028 which is totally different.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I would like to see a 30 gallon suburban tank stuffed between the frame and fender in place of a M1028 tank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks