• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 Fuel tank upgrade

zoto6ixty

M1009 Blazer Fuel tank upgrade

Has anyone ever tried to use the larger fuel tanks from a suburban? I have called around and found one from a auto recycler in my area. They tell me that the blazer and suburban share the same tanks. Any thoughts? I'm particularly concerned about ground clearance issues. Thanks

Last edited:

nyoffroad

It's been a looong time, but IIRC it does fit BUT you will need the burban tank straps and it will hang down lower. I also seem to remember that GM offered the 20 gal and a 30 and a 40? gallon. Not really sure as its been years.

zoto6ixty

Thanks. The one I have found is a 30 gal. Tank and they have all the hardware to go with it. As you said, the tank must hang lower than the smaller one so I guess I’ll have to give it a try.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay so shouldn't the name of this thread be M1009 fuel tank upgrade? Not M1028 which is totally different.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I would like to see a 30 gallon suburban tank stuffed between the frame and fender in place of a M1028 tank.