• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028A3 shocks

roveroverme

Banned
I found out the shocks in my truck were manufactured by 'Four-Way-shocks'. The closest I could find are these Trailmaster 14090 4 way shocks.
took my shocks apart and went to autozone to get a set of rear shocks. The shock body is larger than the Four-Way shocks, so I couldn't fit the
spring and collar. I just pust the Autozone Shocks on and will be looking around to find either some Trailmaster or a Four-Way shock replacement.
41fApUA+aJL.jpg

leeh725

Well, that's the city of Port Arthur for you. Those stupid rules apply, even if you live down in Sabine Pass, where no one cares.

I went with standard Monroe Gas Magnums on my 1008 & 1031. The price was right. The ride was suitable for a short chassis pickup like that.

I just acquired a 1028A3 dual tire pickup. It has those coil over shocks. The ride is so horrible that I'm not going to even bother with changing the shock absorbers. May as well be a solid axle, as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck on replacement shocks.

Now, off to go annoy someone with a post about the wheel spacers in the TM on this model.

MarcusOReallyus

I just pust the Autozone Shocks on and will be looking around to find either some Trailmaster or a Four-Way shock replacement.
I'm not sure you're hearing what's been said already. Please allow me to review:

1. Your shocks are not original. They are some idiot's aftermarket add-on.
  2. Coil-over shocks are a bad idea. Shocks are not supposed to carry weight, and air shocks and coil-over shocks put load on the shock mounts that they were not designed to carry. This can lead to early failure and the fix is not pretty or cheap.
  3. If you need to carry heavy loads regularly the right way to beef things up is with helper springs (lots of choices there) or airbags.

Thank you. This has been a public service announcement. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks