• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 (I won it today, Praise the LORD) more picts

rfischba1

Really nice looking truck, congradulations. I retired in 2003 and its been a lot of fun not having to pack my bags every couple of years. When are you coming home?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
The real answer to that is when the Army finally promotes me. If it is soon and they force me to retire it could be as soon as March of 2009 if they want to keep me around for a while longer it might be a year or two more. I know my wife would like me home sooner and this truck fits perfectly into a retirement plan that I have practiced all my life. I love the Army but I really love working on vehicles.

Thanks for your service and I will have to get together with you when I do as I get to Fort Meade all the time.

CCATLETT1984

the m1031 is the "chassis" truck. the box is technically a seperate piece.

I really need to give my money to one of you guys, you always find better deals that I do. Thats a nice clean truck, with the genset in the back even :drool:

hippiedude

Nice truck David ..... I looked at that truck wondering what I could use it for but I new it eas more than I wanted to spend . But I did win a 1009 from there for $1100 so now I have a winter crasher........ :shock: :? :lol: Tim

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They even left the vise on that one. Very good price. A more definitive answer to the 1028 and 1031 Shopset trucks is the 1031 was equipped with the body before delivery. The genset is PTO driven. The 1028 shopsets were shelter carriers converted to contact maintenance trucks using bodies off of primarily M887s but some got bodies from trashed M1031s. The welder/genset on the M887 bodied trucks is self powered with a Wisconsin 4 banger. The roof above the welder also opens for ventilation. Oh to have another M887

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Kenny, I noticed a strange looking thing in the picture of the engine right up front on top is that a speed control for the PTO? It is at Fort Indiantown Gap. I am setting up the arangements to get it picked up when the EUC clears.

papercu

truck

Cargo Truck, The M1008, M1008A1, M1028, M1028A1, M1028A2, and M1028A3
1-1/4 ton, 4X4, cargo trucks are. light commercial trucks designed to provide standard tactical mobility and to carry cargo or passengers,
The M1008 can be equipped with a troop aeat kit for eight personnel.
The M1008A1 Includes a 100 amp/28 v communlcations kit.
The M1028 is equipped to accept a 100 amp/28 v electrical system and S250 communications shelter and a communication kit.
The M1028A1 ls equipped wfth a New Process 205 Transfer Case which allows for the addition of a power take-off (PTO) unit.
The M1028A2 is an M1028A1 that hae been converted to rear dual wheel conflguration.
The M1028A3 is an M1028 which has been converted to rear dual wheel shelter carrier configuratlon and is equipped with a New Process 208 Transfer Case.
The M1031 is a chassis and cab combination, which was designed for the mounting of special bodies that might be required.
From the -10 Wayne

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: truck

Yeah David, that is the governor for the genset. Works nice when it works. Warwick, best way to find this stuff is to go to advanced search and highlight 2320 for trucks. Also hit 4940 as the M1031a and M185A3s have that prefix on the NSN.

warwick

Recovry4x4 thanks for the tip, I get lost on the GL website.... not sure why I'm going to bother watching the M1031 auctions..... GL will hide the final bids and not show the correct bids during the auction.... :roll:

hippiedude

Hey David you gona send a recon team out to check out your M1031 ??? If so let me know cause ,I got a m1009 that could use looking at....... Tim

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warwick, if you find them before the auction opens, you can throw a basic bid and the bid history will show the winning price. I do this with lots of stuff since GL broke that axe handle off in my rectum.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
papercu, my question would be on M1028A2/3's if they were converted what are the front wheels? Single or dually type?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well I am back in Korea so my boys have to help me out. I will be sending in the EUC this week and then the SF97 I am looking forward to getting back home for good to really start working on all the trucks and trailers and this truck will let me store all the tools where I need them without going out to the tool shed each time I need a wrench or my welding torch. I figure with just the passenger door being dented I did OK on this one and can't wait to get the truck out of the GL lot.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks but I can download it off of the Army web page with my active duty log on. I really appreciate the thought. Thanks for the TM number I was trying to find it so this really will make it easer than typing in the NIIN.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
OK I am learning about this from a distance. I see it has a 205 transfer case to handle the PTO but in none of the manuals I have downloaded are any of the ways to operate the PTO given. Does anyone here have experience using the PTO driven generator that comes with my truck?

HillBilly

Nice 1031 ArmyMan! I picked one up back in April and found a post on here somewhere stating how to operate.
Mine is not running yet needs some batts and new filters and such, but the post said "transfer case in neutral, transmission in drive or 2nd then engage PTO" also stated that putting the transmission in neutral while engaging the pto would race the engine. I will try finding it again and post the link here if my luck is good!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks