• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1037 rear spring change? Any advice or parts list?

mdes0

Remove the lower ball joint if you have to remove them in the future. Then you don't have issues with the half shaft, etc...

I do have a set of M998 springs, front and rear, if you ever need them. I swapped out to a set of springs from Ron Hall Racing. Was told they'd give me more flex as I have a lot of rocky trails up here in NH.

I also pulled the front sway bar. I had made up a set of quick release pins but didn't really notice a difference on road with it disconnected so I pulled the whole thing.

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks worse that it was...there is a inner lip on the plate and I used it for 2 springs in and out and it held the spring nicely, even when it dropped out onto the driveway twice...lol

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remove the lower ball joint if you have to remove them in the future. Then you don't have issues with the half shaft, etc...

I do have a set of M998 springs, front and rear, if you ever need them. I swapped out to a set of springs from Ron Hall Racing. Was told they'd give me more flex as I have a lot of rocky trails up here in NH.
I also pulled the front sway bar. I had made up a set of quick release pins but didn't really notice a difference on road with it disconnected so I pulled the whole thing.
I am done with the springs now...but ty. I tried to drop the bottom ball joint but trying to get at the bolts under the control arm was too hard...I could have popped the joint but I figured I would try the top see how it went...lol