• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m105 camper

jrou111

Do a M109 or S280 shelter on a M756 or M1061 trailer and be done with it. :cool:

Enough room for sleeping, cooking, bathroom, and storage of tools and parts. There's plenty more room for water and waste tanks, and a generator too.

tm america

s250 is nice but the one for the m105 is 9ft long and 7ft tall and the s250 is less than 8ft long and about 6ft tall plus the s250 has wheel wells that run the whole lengh and the one for the trailer only has them right where the wheel wells are in the trailer .so it gives you alot more flat floor to play with

tm america

i dont think i would make a trailer out of a m109 i would just make a camper out of it and pull my m35a2c down behind it.i would love to get a m109 or even better yet a m820 but funds are limited in this economy and i already have a m105 .and its nice to have a light trailer that way i can pull it behind my dodge if i need to:roll:i think matt1970 had the best set up with the s280 shelter and the life set up he made to be able to take it out the truck once he got there

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah Matt's setup for lifting his shelter is pretty cool.

I was lucky to get mine out of the camping area this year without covering it with mud. :)

Whatever you come up with let us all know because I might do the same with one of my 105s.

sw

While I was in the Army we always used M105 as campers/parts room/sleeping arrangements with some plywood nothing special. As a mechanic it did its job and we would always leave the canvas on them to keep the commanders from making it a point that we shouldn’t have any special privileges. We used to put rear doors on them to keep people from steeling our spare parts or TMs.

Robert

xxxdowhat

Hello: Have 5 ton with tarp. Have one 330 gal tote for water, one for fuel, plan to add one more for water, between the tote and wall triple stack large ice chest, camping lat, white gas, and stove, chemical for port pot, one for ice, one for ice and food, one with only ice becomes chest for dirty dishes to bring home, next three ( these all stack together) flower, sugar, cornmeal, etc, one has plates, and cup, forks spoons, small pans, one has all cast iron pots and pans, fishing rods go above totes, carry chairs, wal mart cotts, two fold up wal mart tables, one has wire end that i use when cooking with cast iron, a 14' x10' tarp with bent tubeing like 14' long with 8' legs, wood post for middlw and three 10' small trees to hold tarp away from side of truck, this make a shade 10'x14', two ropes to tie to ground, two camo nets for the ends to keep sun out. Cary a fire ring, for rebar to adjust grill over fire, ring is three parts, bolt to gether, one 36" grill, cooking tools for grill, and welding gloves, i fish every other week, cost fuel and food $100.00 to $200.00 some lakes 40 miles, some 200 miles, spend 3 to 4 days out, you will have people stop by day and night to look and talk, love the camping out, as am a poor fisher man, bring any kind of meat, and veg. And i can cook a fair meal. Love my 5 ton. Xxxdowhat

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks