• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Cattle Trailer??

Tplane37

I know this post has been out a while but I wanted to let you know how things turned out. I was finally able to find a friend with a gooseneck cattle trailer he let me borrow and went to pick up the cows with that. I now have two happy healthy heifers that went into and out of the cattle trailer very easily. The gooseneck towed wonderfully and I will look to purchase one early next year if we get a raise/ bonus at work. I still think the M105 could make a decent stock trailer but I dont think I would put anything bigger than goats in it.
I think you are about half right on in that the M105 would make a decent stock or horse trailer. I think it would be a good candidate for extending to make a drop deck, side load livestock trailer, and put wood flooring on the new drop deck (hardwood 2x6, 2x8, or 2x10's for flooring with steel supports underneath). In fact, I have considered the possibility a few times. Depending on the OAL of the finished product, would determine if I wanted a single axle or tandem at the rear. But either way, a Pentle hitch style tag livestock trailer could prove very useful if adequate thought was put into it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks