• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Cattle Trailer??

Tplane37

I know this post has been out a while but I wanted to let you know how things turned out. I was finally able to find a friend with a gooseneck cattle trailer he let me borrow and went to pick up the cows with that. I now have two happy healthy heifers that went into and out of the cattle trailer very easily. The gooseneck towed wonderfully and I will look to purchase one early next year if we get a raise/ bonus at work. I still think the M105 could make a decent stock trailer but I dont think I would put anything bigger than goats in it.
I think you are about half right on in that the M105 would make a decent stock or horse trailer. I think it would be a good candidate for extending to make a drop deck, side load livestock trailer, and put wood flooring on the new drop deck (hardwood 2x6, 2x8, or 2x10's for flooring with steel supports underneath). In fact, I have considered the possibility a few times. Depending on the OAL of the finished product, would determine if I wanted a single axle or tandem at the rear. But either way, a Pentle hitch style tag livestock trailer could prove very useful if adequate thought was put into it.

Last edited: