• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 lunette removal

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To date I have flipped 17 lunettes on m105a2 trailers and have never run into any problems like I read about on here. I use two big combination wrenches to do it. A 1 1/2" of course to turn the nut and any of a number of large wrenches (1 5/16" up to 55mm) that I put behind the nut that acts as a backstop to drive the nut against when backing it off the threads so it applies pressue against the lunette. Only two of them did I have to use a hammer on and those took only about 6 or 8 good whacks as I turned the nut to apply pressure. I have never had to use heat or penetrants for any of them.
This procedure has never failed on any of the ones I have done and I live in the middle of the rust belt here in Indiana so you can bet some of them were pretty crusty inside.

Last edited:

rustystud

To date I have flipped 17 lunettes on m105a2 trailers and have never run into any problems like I read about on here. I use two big combination wrenches to do it. A 1 1/2" of course to turn the nut and any of a number of large wrenches (1 5/16" up to 55mm) that I put behind the nut that acts as a backstop to drive the nut against when backing it off the threads so it applies pressue against the lunette. Only two of them did I have to use a hammer on and those took only about 6 or 8 good whacks as I turned the nut to apply pressure. I have never had to use heat or penetrants for any of them.
This procedure has never failed on any of the ones I have done and I live in the middle of the rust belt here in Indiana so you can bet some of them were pretty crusty inside.
Your a very lucky fellow then. I've had to use heat, sledge hammer and tighten the nut against a piece of metal to get it to come out before. I always use "Marine grade anti-seize" when installing them now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks