• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 on a M1028, has anyone one done that?

1waterdog

I am thinking about putting a M105 trailer bed on my m1028. My son kind of munched it out wood cutting. I am also thinking of building a camper on top of that bed. The M105 is widder and longer, any suggestions? Anyone have a clean M105 they want to trade fro a M101a2?

tobyS

If it's not a dually, I wouldn't use the 105. Why not use the 101 which is (I think) 10" shorter and 10 inches narrower? I think the 105 will be too big.

Last edited:

1waterdog

I am thinking about putting a M105 trailer bed on my m1028. My son kind of munched it out wood cutting. I am also thinking of building a camper on top of that bed. The M105 is widder and longer, any suggestions? Anyone have a clean M105 they want to trade fro a M101a2?
I wanted to go bigger and build a camper on it

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I literally just dragged this nice one from AZ to OK three days ago. I screamed it for sale for months and no takers. I would have happily made that trade....

I have four new in the crate 105 beds in OKC. Transport probably kills it....

I like the idea of the 105 bed on a pickup. As to the camper, have a look at the hardshell cover that guy in MN has...

tobyS

A few people have used a Deuce bed, I believe.
A 12' long deuce bed in place of a pickup truck bed??? Hmmmm. I'm having a hard time thinking the 9'+" long M105 is not too much for an M1028 pickup. I like the duals and the 105 bed, but not sure the WW opening is at the right spot on the 1028. Or were you thinking a cut down version of a deuce bed, MOReally, as a flat bed...maybe fold down sides?

cucvrus

Shame. I have 4 M1010 complete bodies in my yard for those that want to make CUCV campers. I 81 exit 90 Pennsylvania. Complete as in completely enclosed. Still saved the next owner a lot of work.

1waterdog

Campers are normally 80" plus wide, that way you can sleep on the narrow end without eating up to much of your living space. I want to build the top with aluminum and have a light weight cabover camper. Most of the slide in campers have cheap wood frames that leak and cone apart with much offroad use. I like the idea of a M1010 body, but how much do they weight? Does anyone know how much a M105 bed weights? Thanks for the comments.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Campers are normally 80" plus wide, that way you can sleep on the narrow end without eating up to much of your living space. I want to build the top with aluminum and have a light weight cabover camper. Most of the slide in campers have cheap wood frames that leak and cone apart with much offroad use. I like the idea of a M1010 body, but how much do they weight? Does anyone know how much a M105 bed weights? Thanks for the comments.
M105 bed weight is 800-1000lbs.

I've seen the deuce bed on a pickup. It was at the Phoenix show a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly it was cut down to about 9'. Looked reasonably proportionate.

tobyS

How far back is the center of the wheel well on an M105? My drawing shows 110" length inside the bed and the axle appears to be about 6" closer to the rear than the front....so roughly 58-60" from the front of the trailer.

What is the axle center line from the front of the bed on the 1028? What is the center of the wheel well for the 101?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks