• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 on a M1028, has anyone one done that?

tobyS

Sgms....really nice work. Is the bed narrowed?

I'm trying to stay with surge brakes on these trailers but am a big fan of the 105. I keep taking them apart and one of these days will have a nice one for pulling with the deuce.

Here is my tongue mod to 2 5/16" for my weld trailer and I hope to get an m116A3 to put the 788 on,

Also is a picture of a 105 axle with Isuzu duals. I'll make a tandem from 2 axles where the 105 bed was repurposed. Then there is a trailer deuce bed that got the frame and jack. I need another set of hummer wheels/tires to match the 37" GR Baja.

Attachments

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sgms....really nice work. Is the bed narrowed?
Thanks but I can't take credit for it. It was on the truck when I bought it. I believe it was narrowed just enough where the width of the bed frame matched the width of the truck frame. There's a weld line down the center that wasn't on my deuce. It still sticks out past the cab a good bit on both sides. Even with the extended mirrors it's hard to see around.

chevydan

I am thinking about putting a M105 trailer bed on my m1028. My son kind of munched it out wood cutting. I am also thinking of building a camper on top of that bed. The M105 is widder and longer, any suggestions? Anyone have a clean M105 they want to trade fro a M101a2?

Hello

i have the same idea, have you done it?

Thanks

chevydan

How far back is the center of the wheel well on an M105? My drawing shows 110" length inside the bed and the axle appears to be about 6" closer to the rear than the front....so roughly 58-60" from the front of the trailer.

What is the axle center line from the front of the bed on the 1028? What is the center of the wheel well for the 101?

this i am asking myself too

did you find something?

thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks