• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Trailer Modifications

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rusty, thanks for all the pictures and measurements. I know it's no small amount of time. You are a stud!

I hadn't considered the tires touching in the center of the trailer, but, of course, it makes sense. I agree with you on the size of tires. After watching the guys who did the wheel swaps for me for my new G177s, I purchased a 42" prybar from Lowes and it's now part of my deuce's toolbox. It helps a lot. Thank you tommys2patrick too for the added note of a wood block for the pybar.

Also, I do see rosco's point about going over a berm or ditch. Not necessarily something that'd jut up and hit the trailer axle. It's a give and take choice. Give ground clearance in some conditions for more cargo space.

rustystud

Another reason I went with this design was it's very easy to load and unload tires with the winch carrier. Instead of "man-handling" them up and into the back of the trailer, which at my present physical condition would result in the total destruction of my back !