• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 Lunette bolt, wrench size.

Happyland1410

Happy, is the quite hitch a must? ( Does it really tighten up the slop)
It will certainly work without the quiet hitch piece but I think it is more than worth it. It makes the hitch to receiver connection rock solid. A pintle hitch bangs around enough without adding the play inherent with a receiver hitch.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's no way I'd fool with flipping the lunette at the GL lot. It will pull fine without flipping it.

It took me a half a day to flip one and I had all the proper tools. Had to heat the nut to get it free, beat the crap out of it and it still wouldn't move. I ended up backing the nut off and re-threading it on backwards (to keep from damaging the castle), and driving a wedge between the lunette end and the jack mount to get it free. I've had to use the wedge trick twice on stubborn lunettes.

I even cracked the nut on one trying to get it loose. After that I found out the two right hand deuce lug nuts work as a replacement. I just jammed two nuts to keep them from backing off and for more thread contact.

RWG421

M16ty,

Good call on the lunette flip, I tried at G/L with, heat, bar, sledge to no avail.

When I got back I finally had to use a hydraulic ram between the lunette ring and goose neck. It still took heat and a hammer.

It didn’t look all that bad inside...just stubborn

Attachments

FSRD

Just got back from the 600 mile trip to pick up my other m105a2. Pulled with my Chevy S10 no problem. It pulled it like it wasn't even there and breaking was really good as well I had no problems being able to stop fast or having it push me all over the road so to all those naysayers out there that says this trailer is too heavy for a truck like this you guys are all wrong. This is the second time I've pulled one of these trailers like this. It only weighs 2700 pounds that's really not very much. If you think that's a lot then you clearly haven't pulled very many large loads. I'm serious when I say that it was a cakewalk for that Chevy S-10. I even had to do a quick stop when someone pulled out in front of me and I stopped fast enough no problem.

Screenshot_2017-03-24-22-23-55.jpg

Screenshot_2017-03-24-22-24-10.jpg

FSRD

One thing to know when you're pulling these definitely drop the tailgate on the trailer because if you don't the wind catches it and it makes for a bumpy ride. About a quarter of the way through this trip I put the tailgate down and it was a smoother ride the rest of the way and no longer felt like there was a tire out of round.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks