• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105a2 Trailer purchase?

mcmullag

please drive thru to the window

"I purchased a tralier. awaiting my EUC approval. My qustion is this. I have a 2012 Toyota TACO, will this trailer be safe to pull behind?"

It depends.... is there hot or mild sauce in that tow vehicle? :beer:

gijoe

A M105 trailer is over twice the weight of M101 and a half ton pickup will pull a M105. Just not to fast and don't stop to fast unless of corse you have too in an emergency, other than that you should be fine.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See what an idiot I am! Was about to hit google and search info the the TACO. The 101 is a good trailer for your needs, it's a good trailer for everyones needs.

Ripcord01

Now, I need to know, what kind of wiring attachment do I need in order to connect my trailer pigtail to my Civilian Truck ? I purchased one online and it is obvoisly not for me truck! Would you all have some solutions for me?

Ripcord01

Ughh. Is there a plug already made to purchase? I am not good with wiring. I was almost knocked on my butt rewiring a lamp. It is embarassing, I know.Google is not my friend. It all comes back to SS.

Ripcord01

Ughh. Is there a plug already made to purchase? I am not good with wiring. I was almost knocked on my butt rewiring a lamp. It is embarassing, I know.Google is not my friend. It all comes back to SS.
I have solved my problem. I will get a magnetic tow lights to bring M101A2 home then worry about putting a Complete New wiring harness in. It will my first "Mod". :beer:

You got that trailer at a great price! Sides might be hard to find though. I need a better picture of that type of rear stabilizer leg when you get it.

You can easily wire a 4 plug into the harness and swap in some 12v lights.

Remember you can get a license plate in Maine for way cheaper than MD.

If you need help and you from my area just drop me a line and I can help you wire it up. a little epoxy will fix that light right up.

91W350

A M105 trailer is over twice the weight of M101 and a half ton pickup will pull a M105. Just not to fast and don't stop to fast unless of corse you have too in an emergency, other than that you should be fine.
You must have a super heavy duty 1/2 ton. I have seen M105s push a 3/4 ton around pretty hard. It is like towing a Chevrolet Nova or Camaro on a tow bar. Without trailer brakes, a 1/2 ton has no business trying to put the skids on a 2750 pound trailer. You surely do not want to slide into or strike another vehicle, driving slow, your fault or not. Some greedy soul with a good attorney will own most of what you do now. It can be done, but it is definitely not worth the risk. When I was a teenager, I would have done it. Not anymore! We have a guy that pulls a 105 with a 2WD Tacoma here in town, it is ugly.

hwcurtice

Say, Ripcord, have you inspected the trailer yet? Why is the light hanging? Just missing the bolts? Is the bracket broken or missing? Is there a picture that shows it better?

Somethings need more than epoxy. Somethings need duct tape!

Just curious too.

Um it's missing the right light as well, isn't it? hmmmm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks