• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105c?

Jinx

M105a2c?

I was looking at M105 trailers today and found one that was labeled as an M105C. Never heard of the "C" version trailer before. What is the difference between an A and C version. It didn't look any different than the M105A, but it must be somewhat different given the different designation. Anyone know?

Stupid me. I forgot to take pictures of it. I will be back in the area on Tuesday and can take photos then if it would help...

Last edited:

Jinx

Not shure about a M105C. The TM list a M105A1 , M105A2 and M105A2C. The M105A2C has vacum brakes not air.
Ah, thank you. Sounds like vacuum brakes won't be compatible with my deuce. There is a nice M105A2 that I'm trying to get. Will this be compatible with my truck?

Anyone have the TM #'s for these trailers?

KaiserM109

… There is a nice M105A2 that I'm trying to get. Will this be compatible with my truck? …
An M105A2 is absolutely compatible with a deuce, in fact a deuce or bigger is about the only thing you can tow it with because of its weight and brakes. It is a BIG trailer.

It is worth some money if it already has a civilian title.

A2s have duel air lines: a brake line and a supply line. There is a small reservoir tank and a device called a 'relay valve' that sets the brakes if the supply line is lost. Inspect the reservoir and the relay valve for damage; GL is bad about breaking them with fork lifts. PM me if you have a problem, I have a source.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jinx

I had planned on towing it home without connecting the air brakes to the truck since I don't want to risk dealing with a potentially seized brake. Sounds like this isn't an option and I will have to hook up the air brakes to even get the trailer to move. Correct?

The guy has the GL paperwork, but no Washington title yet. I think it just needs a State Patrol inspection to get titled here, though I'm not certain.

Thanks for the advice on the relay tank. I will check it thoroughly before attempting to tow the trailer home.

54reo

Sounds like this isn't an option and I will have to hook up the air brakes to even get the trailer to move. Correct?
No, the brakes are air assisted/hydraulic, i.e. no air needed to tow them.

They only require air to actuate the brakes.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can tow them home empty with a regular pickup truck without problems. You'll need to rig up some sort of lights and carry a jack with you to get it hooked up.

I tow my M105 regularly loaded with my 2500 Dodge without problems but I take it slow so I can stop ok and I fabed a hitch so it will tow level.

Jinx

This is the trailer I'm getting. It's an M105A2 built in 1986 according to the data plate. Tires are 80% and it has only slight surface rust in a couple areas. The only big problem I can see is a couple of dents. The bad one is in the front as seen in the photo. The other is in the tailgate. Hopefully I can bang it back into shape. The price is right at only $200.

Attachments

kurtkds

Hey I'm just down the road from that guy.. LOL

He's had those trailers for a while, started out at $500 I'd seen that he had dropped the price.

Saturn surplus has the canvas for $200.

Jinx

Hey I'm just down the road from that guy.. LOL

He's had those trailers for a while, started out at $500 I'd seen that he had dropped the price.
Yeah, the remaining trailers are rough, but are worth the money just for the tires alone, IMO. Most of the trailers have great wheels and 80% tread life. I considered picking up another one just for parts, but there's a general lack of space where I live as it is.

Saturn surplus has the canvas for $200.
Cool thanks!

kurtkds

Jinx, here's a pic of the sideboards and the bows that would go with your trailer.

The bows are in the stowed position in the picture.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks