• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1076 behind a deuce tractor?

jrobinson5093

Does anyone know how the front axle is attached to the rest of the trailer. The reason I would like to know it the rest of the trailer looks like it would be nice to pull behind a deuce tractor. But the weight may be a problem. I just wonder how much trouble it would be to install a kingpin on the trailer frame.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Way too much trailer for a full size deuce much less a tractor. No weight on the 5th wheel would allow the trailer to push the tractor. That trailer has straight air brakes also.....in a situation where you need to use the brakes a lot, such as a long down hill run, the air might leak down to the point where the brakes on the trailer locked up.

jwentz57

I think he wants to remove the front axle and pull with the fifth wheel.that is why he wants to know how it is mounted on the trailer. i think it may be doable but may have to have a king pin welded on it for the fifth wheel.