• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1076 behind a deuce tractor?

jrobinson5093

Does anyone know how the front axle is attached to the rest of the trailer. The reason I would like to know it the rest of the trailer looks like it would be nice to pull behind a deuce tractor. But the weight may be a problem. I just wonder how much trouble it would be to install a kingpin on the trailer frame.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Way too much trailer for a full size deuce much less a tractor. No weight on the 5th wheel would allow the trailer to push the tractor. That trailer has straight air brakes also.....in a situation where you need to use the brakes a lot, such as a long down hill run, the air might leak down to the point where the brakes on the trailer locked up.

jwentz57

I think he wants to remove the front axle and pull with the fifth wheel.that is why he wants to know how it is mounted on the trailer. i think it may be doable but may have to have a king pin welded on it for the fifth wheel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks