• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1078 conversion to brush fire truck

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you!! This is another bad boy that we got from Florida Wildlife Conservation. It is an Oshkosh. This is going to be a Brush Truck Tanker. This one is still in fab but has the tank and pump installed just need plumbing, lights, sirens and radios. It has ratchet straps over the tank right now because when hurricane Irma came through I didn't want the tank flying off as it is empty.
View attachment 735620View attachment 735621View attachment 735622
Red trim on the wheels is a nice touch. Looks awesome!

VVFD

We are charging all 4 batteries with the 24v Kussmaul system. Here are a few pictures: Kussmaul interface with the AC power; battery tray (Kussmaul wires on left -front- terminal and left -back- terminal; battery tray wiring diagram with Kussmaul connections. Hope this help out...
IMG_9356.jpgIMG_9357.jpgKussmaul Connection.jpg

PM sent..

Eastmanfire

That is pretty cool, we removed the Military batteries and are using 2 group 31 batteries in replacement. I will show these pics to our fleet manager. I like the idea of using the Kussmaul.

VVFD

We also replaced the military batteries with commercial batteries from NAPA. Our local NAPA store gave the fire department a pretty good deal. Very pleased with the batteries as well as the Kussmaul charging system... batteries always ready to go!

That is pretty cool, we removed the Military batteries and are using 2 group 31 batteries in replacement. I will show these pics to our fleet manager. I like the idea of using the Kussmaul.

1stDeuce

I see this thread hasn't been updated in about 4 years. Just wondering if DLA is still allowing fire depts to get these trucks... I'm in CO and our state wildlife group is building them up, but we don't qualify to get one through them because we already have two M1008's. Wondering if we can go direct to DLA and get a truck and build it ourselves...

Thanks for all the pics!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks