• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 Fire Truck

dmetalmiki

Nice acquisition..post up a video when you have the 'sounds and lights' fitted on it. ('though I can't imagine why you would fit "things" like that....(OR..can I)) ..You WILL enjoy that machine..in MANY ways. I MORE than enjoy mine.
https://youtu.be/TQuvmTWIVWU

Last edited:

chief76433

We built it ourselves. One of my FF's is a welder and did all the fab work and Diamond C Sandblasting in Granbury did the paint work. It turned out better than I ever thought it would. The Forest Service gave us the truck and part of the deal is it must be painted. They also gave us $20k to buy a new slip on unit. It was something we couldn't pass up. It really doesn't need a siren but if you have lights then you have to have a siren and you really needs strobes on a fire scene. It has a 600 gallon tank and weighed in at 23,320 full of fuel, water and a 200 lb driver. It runs and drives way better than the M813 we sold.

osagehargraves

How many gallons are u running on that truck. We have one and this is our second fire season with it, I've noticed most fire men love it or hate it lol. I personally wouldn't trade it for anything.

spankybear

I saw a LMTV show up at the small town Fire Department down the way... I think they are also going to make it into a brush truck.