• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 Fire Truck

dmetalmiki

Nice acquisition..post up a video when you have the 'sounds and lights' fitted on it. ('though I can't imagine why you would fit "things" like that....(OR..can I)) ..You WILL enjoy that machine..in MANY ways. I MORE than enjoy mine.
https://youtu.be/TQuvmTWIVWU

Last edited:

chief76433

We built it ourselves. One of my FF's is a welder and did all the fab work and Diamond C Sandblasting in Granbury did the paint work. It turned out better than I ever thought it would. The Forest Service gave us the truck and part of the deal is it must be painted. They also gave us $20k to buy a new slip on unit. It was something we couldn't pass up. It really doesn't need a siren but if you have lights then you have to have a siren and you really needs strobes on a fire scene. It has a 600 gallon tank and weighed in at 23,320 full of fuel, water and a 200 lb driver. It runs and drives way better than the M813 we sold.

osagehargraves

How many gallons are u running on that truck. We have one and this is our second fire season with it, I've noticed most fire men love it or hate it lol. I personally wouldn't trade it for anything.

spankybear

I saw a LMTV show up at the small town Fire Department down the way... I think they are also going to make it into a brush truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks