• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078A1 -10 Technical Manual

NormB

The soldiers are very frustrated that they can’t get a hard copy either. They have to access it from the computer that rolls around on a cart. They could print them up but the manuals are too big and would exceed their budget for ink and paper.
1500 pages is one and a half reems of paper, about $7 at your local bigbox office supply place. Plus laser printer cartridge output.I used printers at work and printed out nearly 5,000 pages of HMMWV and Generator manuals, bought about $60 worth of D-ring binders.Gotta improvise.NB

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think that TM is listed "not for public release". If that's the case, you can't post it to the site, and release it publicly, against the government wishes.

I know lots of us have TMs labeled "not for public release", but it's a big difference having the TM for personal use, and posting it to a public site.

deleted user 89485

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the TM for the A1 and newer series, however, as stated above, it is not for public release yet. Something I think is crazy since you can purchase the vehicle at auction so they should allow a way to get technical information. That being said I will try and field any specific questions for information that you may want me to look up but I will not be making copies of the viewer software nor the TMs themselves available due to my involvement with the Army at this time. I can see the disc being sold on eBay by the dozens and CID giving me a visit...no thanks.

coachgeo

Also, it would appear that there may be copies of viewing software available for free for individual civilian use:

https://en.freedownloadmanager.org/Windows-PC/EMS-NG.html

*I did not pull this down yet
nope not free.... $500 bucks.... above page's link takes one to another page that counters previous page's free statement. If this reader ever gets out there it would be nice cause it is cross platform and more and more folk like myself run Linux so that is good. Till then...

aleigh

If someone wants to get me a copy of the ISO of the CD they burned him, I'll see what I can do. Technology is my profession. IIRC the files are SGML internally and then it renders them to PDF after the fact. There are copies of the viewer floating around. I think 2.8 might be the latest one I ever saw. I might have a copy somewhere if I go digging.

About it being legal, has anyone considered just filing out a FOIA request? This would have to be one of the most straight forward cases ever, you just want an easy to find publication in a readable form about a vehicle. Considering some of the other things they release I can't imagine they would find a problem with this, it just might take a few months?

dougco1

I think that TM is listed "not for public release". If that's the case, you can't post it to the site, and release it publicly, against the government wishes.

I know lots of us have TMs labeled "not for public release", but it's a big difference having the TM for personal use, and posting it to a public site.
How about wiki leaks?

Dave21

I'm going to need to pick up a copy as well...
[FONT=&quot] Did you ever get a copy of the M1078 A1 Technical Manual ?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] If you did if you'd let me know where you got a copy of it. I'd appreciate it .[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I'm looking for the location air pressure gauge transmitter . I've been told on an AO that is under the left hand side of the dashboard . but on my A1 that location is the ABS brake controller . Any help on this would be appreciated .[/FONT]

Third From Texas

Yes, but it's for pre-2004 A1 trucks. ̶I̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶C̶7̶'̶s̶.̶
̶edit: it *does* cover the C7

What's the issue sending you after the transmitter?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks