• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1079 Completley Dark after pushing start Button

fjdedrick

Could be battery issue. Or ground related. Seen the bang bang before. You would need 24v or a pair of 12v jump packs in series.
Ok... I have two 12volt jump packs... It's cranking like a monster... But seems like no fuel!! I am still smiling but this is crazy.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

fjdedrick

Ok... Checking the panel diagram now... Just noticed I have no marker light at all.. Just head lights.

fjdedrick

Based on what has tabs but no relays

I'm missing

K12 work lights
K15 AUX TRANS COOLER
K13 ROTARY WARNING LIGHT

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Once all the relays and breakers are correct you need to make sure you are getting power to the fuel solenoid with the main power on. If you have power there and are cranking strong the engine should start. If it’s not starting then you might have lost prime and you can push the primer pump while or in between cranking and see if that gets it going. Where did the truck come from?

fjdedrick

Came from Midwest Military Equipment...

I literally drove it from Missouri to Ohio and then three day straight... Until this morning... I can't get the cab to raise... It's dying when I try.

The battery cables definitely came loose.

I'm trying to reach the solenoid

fjdedrick

Finally hand pumped the cab over... Heart attack coming... First 12 inches was 100 mph

CapePrep

You need to verify your grounds are good. As you have been directed, start at the batteries and work from there. Check them all. Your symptoms are classic bad connection. When you have a high draw part, like a starter, if you have a compromised connection, it will show up when you try to apply full juice to that part. Lights, incidentals draw very low amperage. Just checking whether you have voltage isn't enough to diagnose where the problem is. Get a wire brush and start taking connections apart, clean, add dielectric grease and keep going. Are you stuck on side of road?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
No power to fuel solenoid, with the dash power on of course, then no start. You can clip a lead onto the left most connection and manually power it. Gotta be something going on in that breaker panel.

fjdedrick

I'm home in the driveway!! After work between coffee roasts I'll be studying wire diagram and trace! Going to source some extra spade breakers and 12 & 24 relays too.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have new 24v relays. The 12v ones are over the counter at auto parts store. You can use blade fuses in place of the breakers if needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks