• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1083 & Gichner S280 Overland Expedition Build

coachgeo

.... 11 pics.... Hopefully these pics will get inserted properly
Pics came our great. looks like you got some gems in the removal to have fun with. Is that a DC powered Elec. motor and compressor?

Looking forward to pics of the dolly your friend made up for you for install and removal of the box

SteelWarrior

Hey there - Great build! A cautionary note on those batteries though - they off gas and need venting to exterior - Hydrogen Sulfide gas if I remember correctly.

A year or so back I bought a bunch of RV tanks,fitiings, toilet, heater, water heater etc from a local RV'er - hoping to do a similar build someday soon.

Take care and build on! - More pics!!

acropilot

Pics came our great. looks like you got some gems in the removal to have fun with. Is that a DC powered Elec. motor and compressor?

Looking forward to pics of the dolly your friend made up for you for install and removal of the box
Hey Coach Geo. Yes it was a DC Powered Electric motor with compressor. There was a 120V plug-in heater that i took out of there too. They all work too :)

acropilot

Hey there - Great build! A cautionary note on those batteries though - they off gas and need venting to exterior - Hydrogen Sulfide gas if I remember correctly.

A year or so back I bought a bunch of RV tanks,fitiings, toilet, heater, water heater etc from a local RV'er - hoping to do a similar build someday soon.

Take care and build on! - More pics!!
Thank you SteelWarrior. Yes indeed. They do gas off H2S. I have drilled a hole through the battery box and connected through another hole through the shelter. They are all sealed and gas off to the outside. I have measure the H2S levels in the battery box, and it does indeed gas off. I did that before i installed the batteries.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks