• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1083 & Gichner S280 Overland Expedition Build

acropilot

IMG_0491.jpgIMG_0492.jpgIMG_0493.jpgIMG_0494.jpgIMG_0495.jpgIMG_0496.jpg

I had to heat the floor one square ft at a time and use Heil tool to remove the Linoleum. It was a laborious process. It took about 16 hour to remove the flooring and fix a couple of holes on the floor.

coachgeo

.... six images of removing floor...

I had to heat the floor one square ft at a time and use Heil tool to remove the Linoleum. It was a laborious process. It took about 16 hour to remove the flooring and fix a couple of holes on the floor.
Just an FYI. .. the other pics in your earlier post #22 thru #24 did not come out. Least they don't work for me. maybe they do for others?

acropilot

Thanks Coachgeo. I don't know what's going on the attachments showed just fine during the upload. Now I can't see them either. I spent some time posting these items. Oh well I'll do some reserach.

Overdrive

Fantastic pics and progress! Your engine compartment looks stunning. Did you clean the engine or did it come like that? Great pics keep them coming.

Nice idea on the gen setup.

OD

coachgeo

Thanks Coachgeo. I don't know what's going on the attachments showed just fine during the upload. Now I can't see them either. I spent some time posting these items. Oh well I'll do some reserach.
... Look forward to seeing the Dolly set up.

Last edited:

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Tony,

Good looking setup you have there!

Here's one picture with your truck in the foreground, with my LMTV/Alaskan and other convoy trucks as decoration!

Bob

Attachments

acropilot

finishing the floor with Durabk (Rhino Liner) paint

Original Linoleum floor shown below

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg
After removal of the floor via heat, chisel and laborious work, I cleaned it with TSP, and mineral spirit. I then put three coats of self etching primer. I then rolled the Durban product. Highly recommended and looks and feels just like the Rhino Liner material.
IMG_0755.jpg

Final look
IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

acropilot

Shelter water tanks and Battery Bank

Two fresh water tanks 34 gallons each installed on the port side of the shelter. 1 5/8" slotted Unistrust was used where needed. All items were fastened via 1/4-20 Steel Rivet nuts to the structural beams in the S280. On top of the tank I used a 1/4" thick Polyethylene surface for mounting of various electrical items such as inverter, battery charger, SPOD( 12 VDS switch/circuit Breaker) and various other items.
IMG_0901.jpgIMG_0902.jpg

Used a combination of four T-45 Trojan 6 volt batteries. They are tied in series and parallel to provide 12 Volt supply @ 450 AH supply bank. With this supply I would only use 25% of total power under most demanding conditions, thereby providing plenty of room of cycles of charge and battery longevity. Note the handy freezer box courtesy of Home Cheapo :)
IMG_0907.jpgIMG_0908.jpgIMG_0912.jpg

acropilot

Berth platform

Again, used 1 5/8" slotted unistrut to construct the berth space above the water tanks and batteries. The bed size is 52" X 80". Used 5/8" Oak (sanded and clear coated for the mattress to sit on)

IMG_0947.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks