• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 trailer Conversion thread

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha! as soon as I saw pic one I knew who was doing your hauling. Great job!

Chris's has stalled to a halt, and I can do nothing to mine living in a town house. Plus the wife says if I leave the box on this truck I can get another whole truck... So, you know... :-D

Neil, you got my number? call if you have any questions or need to bounce some ideas around in another empty skull. LOL.

CGarbee

My thanks go out to Brandon Cobb . Outstanding friend, wonderfull person, I `m lucky to know him. He` s a pretty good mechanic too.
I'll second that!!
Especially since he came to my place right after he finished unloading your project, drove to the coast (another three hour drive each way) so that we could drop off a genset and look at a M816 that I am purchasing (oh, and he moved a halftrack while he as at it as well)...
Then, he helped remove and replace a hard top with me...
The man had a very busy, long, weekend... :)

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wednesday up date in pics I think I`m ahead of Chris :-D Shade tree at it`s finest .

Attachments

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your ahead of Chris alright, and WAY ahead of me, seeing as I'm never going to do mine now. (well, not in the foreseeable future.) Can't wait to see it at GA! And don't overdo it Neil! blow a splint and bad things will happen....

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Brandon LOL I did all that today . Iwas by my self, Had a fime with the rivits. Brian is off tomorrow so we will pick up tires, pull hubs, do bearings, check brake shoes. Then all I need to do is figure out the brake system , then the wireing.

Armada

Looking good! I like the idea of encapsulating the 105 front within the frame channels of the deuce. Once bent in and welded up, it will be 'strong like bull'. Keep the pics a'comin.

vinny-socom1

why did you put the 105 tongue in the frame? could you have just slid it in the end 12" and welded it? just wondering seems like alot of work. please keep the pics coming I'm enjoying the progress!!!

Vinny

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well I figured the tongue would add strength and help with the alignment, There was no landing gear on the tongue I had to put one in the tongue. I`m sure there`s many ways to do the job. I`m limited with no welding skills or a tourch Thanks for asking Vinny.

Sevo

Hey Good buddy!

Nice work. yeah you got me beat!!!

Mine is at a stand still and I may have to sell it. I could be moving to New Mexico. I have a job interview next Friday. I wont be able to take it with me. So, if anyone is looking for a 109 conversion project. See the pictures in the beginning of this thread. You will see what has been done to mine. Not much more and you can have it done . If anyone wants to talk numbers I will be at the GA rally.

Looks like I owe you 2 cases of beer. :-D.

On another Beer note, Ferro and I have 15 gal of cider brewing in my garage now. Going to check it today... taste it I should say. We will have a celebratory rink for sure.

Stef and I are looking forward to seeing you in GA. Take it easy my friend.. I already called it once ;)

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Whats up with the job? I`m looking forward to the Ga rally and seeing you two again , meeting new folks and just having a hoot while we arf there. I think I will be going to Brandons on Wednesday to hook up with he and Jennifer and Kenneth. We will convoy to Ga. Thursday morning. I hope the 109 is at the pulling point by then.:-D

Sevo

Whats up with the job? I`m looking forward to the Ga rally and seeing you two again , meeting new folks and just having a hoot while we arf there. I think I will be going to Brandons on Wednesday to hook up with he and Jennifer and Kenneth. We will convoy to Ga. Thursday morning. I hope the 109 is at the pulling point by then.:-D
Have a opportunity out there to hard to pass up. They offered the job already, just going out to see if i like the hospital. 95% sure I will take it.

I would like to convoy, what time are you guys coming through Sc. I was thinking of leaving very early on Thursday morning to head down. Let me know. If you all are not coming through to late I may meet up with you guys

I will be bringing some of my hawks with me. That is why I want to leave early. It may get to hot for them in the back

let me know

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks