• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 conversion in progress, setting the standard

63sierra10

I will give it a shot here on the pics. First is as it sits interior shot. I am getting the stuff gathered to make it more liveable, you know beds, stove, an rv furnace, etc. etc. I also have an M103 gen. trailer without the gen. set that will be attached with all the energy providing items.

Attachments

zout

I really enjoy the pics instead of video as well - really gives a member time to look at your work and view the details instead of passing by in a video and pausing - just a suggestion.
Good work on your rig

more pics

I had a request from 2 people to post pics instead of video. Some have slow computer

Attachments

well I am committed now?

Attachments

i set up a 30 amp service for my needs

Attachments

110 volt and 12 volt wiring installed for electical converter, refer,overhead flouresent lights,A/C unit, wall plugs, house batteries, water heater, shore power and outside outlets

Attachments

I was very lucky because the inside of the sheet metal area inside box was not rusted and looked real good!

Attachments

home depot can retire off my purchases

Attachments

Have fun sanding that military baby doo doo green paint on the inside of the box, must me epoxy?

Attachments

jesusgatos

Ugh. Tell me about it. I just patched all the holes, scrubbed it down with TSP, and then painted over it. I used a low-nap roller so it's got a nice texture that helps hide all the small imperfections. Didn't bother cutting-in the corners because the cabinets cover-up most of the walls and ceiling anyway, and I'm not a painter...

Attachments

on a roll here

Gotta be careful with the refer cabinet and top vent. cabinet needs to be as tight to the sides of the unit so the condensing works properly and the top vent must be in the correct position to let the rising heat flow out properly. I had to crunch the numbers so the access cover on the outside would be just above the side hat channel guard on the side of the box and have the refer in correct relation with the access cover. It all worked out!

Attachments

Heh Guys, sorry for the big lapse in uploading, here are some pics of the toilet system and black tank im installing in my M109A3, i will attach some more of the toilet in next post,
I will be installing the removed pioneer rack on the front of the van box on the drivers side. it will be vertical in mounting!

Attachments

Last edited:
I had fun finding a tank to fit over the spare tire, thanks to my friend we found a supplier and it just made it in the area I had to work with. I used stainless steel brackets to mount the tank up and the toilet is directly above the tank in the front left corner of the van box. The toilet assembly will be complete when i finish the plumbing/water supply to the toilet for the flushing mode! I will be installing a vent pipe from the top of the tank going near the center of truck and up the bathroom wall thru the roof. Basically the same as an civy RV.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks