• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 RVs? Who has one?

19kilo

I'm currently looking at one that the owner is "thinking" about selling. No pics yet since I didn't have my camera when I went to look at it. I was actually looking at a different one that hasn't been converted yet, and the guy told me about his friend who had the other one which was finished. It has a porta poddy, shower, ref/freezer, small stove and two bunkbeds and a huge cabinet where he used to store 5K rounds of .50 for his M2HB machine gun he carried with him. If I can get some pics I will. I know it was featured in Shotgun news and other places.

dk8019

RE: rv

I'm in the middle of working on mine, so far I've completed the heating system, based on parts I got from Miltrucks and some custom modifications for temperature control etc. Next is framing it for the cabinets, beds and showers. I've got a diesel fueled oven in mine using a 60k heater, we'll see how that turns out. My goal is to have no propane in the system and only burn diesel, but we shall see.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
FM5332FF said:
I just bought a 1968 M109A3 on GL, but im going to take off the Box and bob it, so if any of you are interested in the box, let me know, i will be picking it up in Georgia and coming back to SW Florida with it. The box is in great shape.

So you're the guy who won that!

We were bidding on that one yesterday.

deess

here are the latest updates of mine.yes we have used it and it was great to have.coming soon airconditioning,sink,cooktop,wall mounted tv(love to watch movies and with the surround sound i installed its like being at a movie theatre.enjoy,:-D

Attachments

Sumoman

I'm in the middle of working on mine, so far I've completed the heating system, based on parts I got from Miltrucks and some custom modifications for temperature control etc. Next is framing it for the cabinets, beds and showers. I've got a diesel fueled oven in mine using a 60k heater, we'll see how that turns out. My goal is to have no propane in the system and only burn diesel, but we shall see.
You may want to consider a outside wood burner. There is some great wood gasification stoves that will boil water as quick as a JET BOIL system using sticks you find on the ground. They are great when camping. You can build you own using a few cans.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks