• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 RVs? Who has one?

jesusgatos

yellobroc, here's your link modified from the old site... (got to be quick to capture the URL before it converts to an error page.. :) )
I've been getting a lot of dead links. How do you modify them to work?

You may want to consider a outside wood burner. There is some great wood gasification stoves that will boil water as quick as a JET BOIL system using sticks you find on the ground. They are great when camping. You can build you own using a few cans.
I've been thinking about wood stoves and wondering whether something could be made safe to use in an RV. Haven't started looking into it very seriously yet though.

tamangel

I've been getting a lot of dead links. How do you modify them to work?
JesusGatos, links from the old forum won't work w/o modification..

if you have an old link, remove the following characters from the link's URL wherever they appear

amp;

(both letters and semi-colon as shown) don't put anything in its place..

Then take the WWW out of the link and replace with the word

old

it should then work..

Mike

rmgill

I posted this 2 or so years ago. Still pretty darn cool.

The Aussies had IH make them what they call ACCO's. They're the Aussie Version of a 2.5 ton and 5 ton truck depending on the setup and they're cab over vs long nose like ours, but otherwise they're pretty much the same thing (minus different details like mid-ship winches and such). But a Deuce owner would look at one and know what he was looking at.

Anyhow, this chap named Rob Gray made an ACCO 6x6 into a bush camper. Lots of interesting engineering and ideas. His diary of the construction is at http://www.robgray.com/index_files/index_chronicles.php

Last edited:

n2ojunkie

Here are some of mine. Its not done but I have used it this last fall for deer season and stayed in it for 2 weeks with no problems. I have a 12k btu furnace that I took out of a rv and just about everything else thats "rv" came out of one. I have less than $500 in parts into it right now.

Things I have planed for this spring are a 32x32 shower in the front left hand side of the box. and a set of fold up bunk beds across from the counter. I want fold up ones because I still haul stuff in the back when needed. I also have plans to but a folding deck off the back, I want it the same size as the back of the box. I'll put a 12v winch mounted on the roof to lift it up into place when Im moving. Its kinda cold here right now so just about everything is on hold till it warms up. I had more pics of it when I was using it, I had a futon in it to sleep on, but I cant find them on this computer right now.

Attachments

dinger65

Vinny, go to SEARCH and put in ZOUT. We are aprox 1/2 way done with our conversions and he has posted a lot of pics as the work was being done. It's a long thread.

n2ojunkie

Yes it is, I have a 30 gal tank that I sit under the truck. The hose comes out right above the fuel tank. But next year when I have the shower in I think i'll just run the shower hose down to a hole in the ground :roll: . I picked the truck up at the end of sept. and did as much as I could untill it was time to go. I also have a 13 gal, propane tank mounted where the spare tire and pioneer kit was at.

Clay James

My M109A3 camper project. At the point where the inside panels and floor are out. That sub-floor was a nightmare to get out. Only have till the 14th of next month to get it ready for a beach camping trip with friends.

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 109's are not going to be RV's. They both will be pantry's for the MKT. One is already done (see the thread "A different kind of M109 conversion") and I hope to start on the second one this winter. Main difference will be that the second one will have a freezer and a horizontal refrigerator instead of two horizontal refrigerators. The M36 will carry the bunkhouse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks