• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 Shelter Conversion

RECONJON

Hello Everyone!

I got the batteries and power inverter installed today. For now I have 2 Deep Cycle 12V with a total of 240 Amp hours, recharged from the solar panel. After testing the system this coming weekend at the Quontsett show Ill decide on the upgrades, Original plan calls for 3 Solar Panels and 5 Batteries, 300 watts of solar and 1100 Amp hour bank.
View attachment 513486

Funny Shoes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great thread!!!

I have been scheming the better part of half a year on how much solar I want to go with. Ultimately I decided running an air conditioner on pv panels and/or wind was gonna be way to expensive. Not to mention I was limited on the real-estate to mount the number of panels necessary. Took some notes on your setup.

i been dreaming of tackling painting my M109 but it intermediates the **** outa me. What did you use to coat the roof of your box?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know about others, but I am using the Black Jack Ultra-Roof 1000 white siliconized elastometric coating. It seals the seams, reflects the sun keeping the inside cooler, flexes up to 350 percent, and while not strictly GI anymore, it still looks good. And for my needs, it does not need to be camo anyway!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks