• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 and F150 successful recovery

FP1201

What is gained by the double filament bulb? Is there a dual voltage double filament bulb?
The double filament/double contact bulb ie 1157 is 12 volt and commonly used for stop/tail/turn lights: the idea was to make the original lights compatible with civilian/street use.
The 1669 or 1662 bulbs are dual filament/single contact, 24V and will only dimly glow with 12 volts applied. ALL the bulbs inside Military lights are "single contact"
Now IF you have LED lights, they MAY work with the lower voltage, you'd have to try it to find out.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, for that you can simply use an 1156 in the brake turn position and a 97 in the running lights position to get 12V functionality. We've been using these for a long time when towing the M101 series with M880 or CUCV variants as both are 12V and both are single contact.

KansasBobcat

I've made this suggestion before. To lengthen the safety chains you can remove the hoisting shackles and fasten them together to get several inches of length to chains. Safety wire the ends of the hooks.

mikey

wbread99, you and harleyhouse are 100% correct, a year later I can confirm that you have absolutely no clue you're pulling an m1101 behind a 5ton. Even when mine was loaded with camping gear I couldn't tell it was there.

Backing it up though, that is interesting. Because the wheelbase on the 939 is so long and its so short on the m1101, even a simple backup takes a lot of correcting. I can back my M105 up like a champ. I back it into its parking spot in a wooded area between two trees on the first try every time. Yet I can't back the m1101 down my curved driveway without correcting it at least a few times.

When I go camping with lot's of highway driving and a huge parking lot at the campsite, I take the M1101. When I go logging and need to navigate through the woods in tight quarters with some backing up, I take the m105.

Mikey

notcho64

I just joined here and picked up my very first military surplus hardware ....M1101. I sure wish i would have read this about 12 hours ago. I also have a F150 at stock height. I only had a straight pintle hitch without any riser because this was a last minute decision to purchase and it was the only pintle i could find out of 3 auto parts stores before closing. I think i am going to return the hitch and then wait a few weeks when my F150 gets 6" lift and 35" tires before evaluating the correct pintle hitch placement i will need. I don't think I am confident to pull the trailer with a 12" riser as I PCS in a couple months from Northern VA to Northern CA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks