• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 question

Deano

So I'm very new to the GL website but I am trying to learn all I can. It seems most of the condition codes are F for Unserviceable- repairable. What should I be expecting when I bid or potentially win a trailer. I'm pretty good with tools and wrenching but should I be expecting a trailer in non working condition? Please help. I'm working on selling my current utility trailer and the excitement is getting to me. I just need to know what all I might need to be prepared for. Thanks in advance.

Deano

Chainbreaker

Lots of prior discussions on GL condition codes. This thread is recent and pretty much says it all:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?120193-Auction-Rating

Basically you need to study the pictures very closely and hope they are of the unit you are bidding on (mistakes happen); or do an onsite preview if you are close enough. For a trailer you need a few basics to recover it and tow it home: tires that hold air, brakes that aren't locked up, axle bearings that are good and hitch that is not mangled. You can't see the brakes or bearings in a picture but the rest should be fairly evident in the pictures. I've noticed pictures of units that look brand new to ones that have dented/ripped aluminum rails and missing parts.

Deano

Oh man. Thank you. I was trying to search for Something just like this. The pictures look great. I figured on bring tons of tools for anything that need fixing in the field. Most of the units look to be in great shape. Thanks again

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And if you can't pre-inspect, prepare for the unlikely. Pawnshop and I recovered two very nice condition trailers off Ft Hood yesterday. Both had the electrical plug cable cut off.

Cheers

Deano

Thanks y'all. I have a potential buyer for my current trailer. I wish I could inspect the trailers before I bid but I'm up in Denton. Ft Hood is a 3 hour trip for me. I'll just hope for the best and prepare for the worst.